posts tagged "recipes"
Love cheezy kale chips? You will love this kale side dish!
Vegan BBQ baked tofu recipe:
What you’ll need:
- 1 package firm tofu
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic, black pepper
- your favorite vegan BBQ sauce
- large glass baking dish
- slice block in to a few 1 inch thick slabs
- drizzle olive oil in baking dish
- line the bottom with tofu slices
- top with EVOO, garlic & pepper
- bake @ 375 for ten minutes
- increase the temp. to broil for 10 mins. or until golden
- top w/ BBQ sauce, reduce oven temp to 300 & bake until bubbly
Serve as with greens & fresh corn for a vegan southern comfort meal.
Vegan oven roasted Cremini mushrooms w/ shallots recipe:
What you need:
- 1-2 handfuls Cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic, sea salt & cracked black pepper
- preheat oven to 375. Meanwhile…
- roughly chop or break up mushrooms
- roughly chop shallot, 1/2 or the whole thing
- combine in glass baking dish w/ remaining ingredients
- roast @ 375 degrees for 15 minutes
Serve as a side or as a topping to veggie burgers & wraps.
Going through my own recipe archives for dinner inspiration :3
Nacho Cheesy Popcorn (6-8 servings)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- few shakes of hot sauce, optional
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn kernals and place the lid on the pan. Shake vigorously to coat the kernels with oil. When the corn starts to pop, shake the pan constantly until the popping stops, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the popped corn into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the melted coconut oil over the corn, and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and sea salt. Stir thoroughly and serve with a few shakes of hot sauce, if using.
Roasted Butternut and Yellow Split Peas Soup
VEGAN DAILY RECIPE: Raw Gluten-Free “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
Raw Vegan Cherry Pie
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 dates
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and process until fine.
2. Press into 9” pie tin.
3. Dehydrate for 2-3 hours at 115 degrees. Alternatively, you can air dry for 4-5 hours or overnight if it isn’t humid.
- 3 cups pitted and quartered cherries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 dates, coarsely chopped1. Set aside 2 cups of the quartered cherries.
2. Place all remaining ingredients in high-speed blender and process until smooth.
3. Stir in remaining cherries.
4. Pour into pie tin. Chill until set (allow several hours).
Angela says: These can also be made into mini-tarts using mini muffin tins. Click on the image for mini-tart instructions. Also, I chose to top my pie with even more cherries for a prettier presentation!